Trying out my photo skills

 

One of the giant 'Trees' in the Gardens

A couple of weeks back I managed to take a day off and go and visit the Gardens by the Bay. It was somewhere I'd been wanting to see and we managed to time it just right as being a week day meant that the crowds were remarkably thin. Plus we got there late afternoon so we managed to see the skyline at sunset.


The famous Marina Bay Sands hotel

Although I won't get to go and stay in the Marina Bay Sands hotel I'm told it's as good inside as it is outside. it is certainly a striking looking place which has an infinity swimming pool on the top floor as part of the 'Boat' section of the building. Room prices start at $400+ per night and go a lot higher than that. I think perhaps a simple walk past might be the best thing!


The Gardens at ground level with some of the cartoon characters on display

When we visited there was some form of cartoon character festival with these giant characters on display. Not really my thing but they were rather impressive nonetheless.




The view as you are making your way to one of the many entrances

We managed to go too far on the Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) system so had quite a walk to get to the main entrance. This was taken after we'd already walked a couple of kilometres and were getting seriously sweaty and thirsty - The latter was soon sorted though!

I'm often guilty of not taking enough photos of the places I have been to. I bought myself what I considered to be a nice Canon digital camera a few years ago and I remembered to take it with me in order to get some good photos this time. I'm no photography expert so I am assuming that the 'Auto' function on the camera is responsible for the quality of what's come out. Works for me!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in Singapore

Out and about with Oscar

Making some changes