Tiger!

 

Yours truly waiting for the tour to start

Hello again!

It's been an interesting few weeks since I last posted. The number of daily COVID cases here in Singapore have been increasing steadily and we have experienced a couple of the dockyard workers on board having tested positive as well.

Whilst all the ship's company have thus far tested negative this latest episode has reminded us all just how close to home the whole COVID piece is and the effects it can have on us all. As for what effect it has on our programme between now and getting home remains to be seen.

On a more positive note we managed to get to do the Tiger Beer brewery tour and it was a good day out. The highlight was the 2 hours we had in their 'Pub' at the end of the tour with a fair few freebies (Included in the price of the tour at any rate) thrown in for good measure. It's a big old place and I am becoming rather fond on their product now too. 




Just in case you were wondering what you were there for!

All in the tour cost me less than $25 and it was money well spent. It was also nice to just go and do something fun for a change what with work on the ship having been put on hold whilst the powers that be decided what to do next.

In other news I am hoping to start my next role shortly after getting back to NZ. It should mean promotion to the rank of Commander, just like James Bond then... I'm looking forward to getting back home now and getting my teeth into what it throws at me. Plus it'll be good to work in the HQ building once again.

Right, I'd better be off. Here's hoping that wherever you are in the world that you can manage to find your own little bit of peace-of-mind. 

Comments

  1. Hey, warmest congratulations on the impending promotion Lee! Absolutely delighted for you that it's all worked out well. Hmmm..... now what would be a fitting bike for a Commander? I wouldn't fret, there's bound to be one or two that would fit the bill from your vast collection 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Geoff. I've got my eye on the new Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello which has just been announced. It'll be at least a year away from getting to NZ though so I've a bit of time to wait.

      How's life with the MGB?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life in Singapore

Out and about with Oscar

Making some changes