The 'Ride Stuff' Blog

Hello, good day and welcome to this the first 'Ride Stuff' blog written to you from New Zealand's beautiful South Island. Firstly a bit of background as to who I am and what this is all about.

My wife Emma and I moved here to New Zealand just over 5 years ago from the UK. I moved from the Royal Navy across to the the Royal New Zealand Navy for many of the normal reasons such as improved lifestyle and so on.

Having been out here for a holiday back in 2012 we both really enjoyed the place and when a job offer came up we decided to make the move.

Not surprisingly fact that it is possibly one of the best countries in the world to travel on by motorcycle didn't hurt either! 

I've been bitten by the biking bug since the age of 9 when, living in South Africa, we were intrduced to off road biking. Since then I've always loved bikes, talking about bikes, riding bikes, working on bikes and keeping up to date with the latest in the biking world.

I've done a number of biking training courses over the years, including passing my Institute of Advanced Motorcyclists test here in NZ back in 2017, having first done it with the UK arm of the charity in 2008.

After toying with the idea of writing a blog for some time; and having been inspired by people such as Geoff James and his 'Confessions of an aging motorcyclist' writings I've taken the plunge and decided to put some of my biking-related thoughts and impressions to some use and do one myself.

The intention is that I'll start using some of the photos and experiences that I have to populate this blog and hopefully fll in some the gaps with my thoughts and impressions they create along the way.

I hope that you get something out of it though I'll confess that this is as much to act as a cathartic experience for me as anything else.

Enjoy!











Comments

  1. Welcome to the blog-o-sphere Lee and thanks for the kind words. Looking forward to your adventures and thoughts - excellent start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate several from the Information which has been composed, and especially the remarks posted I will visit once more.
    I would also like to share with you something useful, Hope for your feedback
    Car wrap phoenix AZ thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. Always a pleasure to read.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life in Singapore

Making some changes

Out and about with Oscar